Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Frames for It's a Bird

Page 38.

Well on 38, all the frames are bordered with a thick, dark, black lines, which are prominent in most of the book, with occasional frames with no frames, or different colors. Some of the frames on 38 are cut and made small, and some of the frames are larger than the others, but I think the smaller ones seem to represent almost a interjection of thought or speech. The frame with Superman's chest on it and the following frame, which seem to be a metaphor what for Seagle is thinking. The larger frames seem to be the bulky, info filled story, it is the meat of the pages which to me represents that maybe it means the most to the story in turns of its plot. As I stated earlier, I think the smaller frames are quick thoughts, that imply that someone is thinking of them while talking or doing something. Even on the next page every frame is exactly  the same shape, size, which to me implies its pure story, no real deeper meaning just jargon. 

To me the smaller the frame the quicker the conversation, thought or whatever is on the page because as readers it is in fact a quicker read for us. Their tends to be less words, while on the larger more squarish frames, they have more words, and is story like, its like a square which is a basic shape represents basic information and conformity into the story. Those frames to me tend not to stand out as much, they just fit in with the ebb and flow of the story. I feel I read definitively quicker with the smaller, less-wordy frames, and I take more time on the bigger ones because I have to read more words, and see all the events going on in the frame. Seagle's life is bland and boring, his life has no color so when we see these bland, plain frames its just emphasizes that Seagle is just another face in the crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment